Welcome to all who worship with us! Whether you are with us in the sanctuary or watching on your computer from home, we gladly say, Thank God you are here! If you’re visiting or interested in joining the church, you are invited to email Dorisanne at email@example.com and she’ll be delighted to speak with you.
The Livestream Service begins at 11 a.m. and can be found on the Watts Street Baptist Church Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account to watch the video. (Click “not now” when Facebook prompts you to create an account.) You can watch the service in “real time” or later. After the livestream finishes, the archived video will drop down to the right column below the main viewing screen and be available for viewing at any time.
Covid Safety Protocol: The recent uptick in Covid numbers in our area calls for us to extend our masking protocol a while longer. Please keep your masks on anytime you are inside the building. We encourage everyone who is immunocompromised or over the age of 50 to get their second booster shot. We have returned the pew cushions to the sanctuary and invite you to do your best with social distancing. We will continue to offer overflow space in the fellowship hall and also continue to livestream our Sunday services each week.
Adult Sunday School classes are gather at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Hybrid options in the classrooms are available for those who may not be ready to gather in person. For information about connecting with the following classes, contact Esther@wattsstreet.org
- Adult Seminar – Meets for Sunday School in room 102, at 9:45 a.m. Typically, the class selects a book or video series about the Christian faith as a basis for discussions. Currently we are studying “Lively Hope: A Taste of God’s Tomorrow” by J. Daniel Day.
- Bible Workbench – Meets for Sunday School in room 108, at 10 a.m. A hybrid option is available. Following the lectionary, we focus on one Biblical passage per week and seek to unpack its meaning as if we are approaching it for the first time.
- Faith Journeys – Meets for Sunday School in room 115, at 9:45 a.m. We are reading our way, word by word, through the Old Testament, and informing our reading with other sources.
- Faith Perspectives – Meets for Sunday School on the playground, at 9:45 a.m. We are a discussion-oriented class in which everyone is encouraged to put in their two cents. Our materials have ranged from traditional Bible studies to essays to DVD presentations.
- Kingdom of God – Meets for Sunday School in room 206 at 10:00 a.m. This class incorporates various experiential and interactive ways to encounter the messages in scripture. We nurture those who learn differently and all who prefer or enjoy learning through storytelling, art, music, and different forms of prayer, no matter age or ability.
- Lectionary Life Together –Meets for Sunday School in room 104A at 9:30 a.m. with a hybrid option available. We explore scripture passages using the 3-year cycle of the Revised Common Lectionary as our guide.
- Sojourners – Meets for Sunday School in room 106, at 9:45 a.m. We discuss fresh perspectives on Christian faith using various books as a focus. Our class has an active mission component that includes preparing and serving the evening meal at Urban Ministries once a month.
Children’s Sunday School resumes in the fall. During worship, 1st – 5th graders are invited to remain in the sanctuary with their family.
Second Hour Ministry is available for preschoolers and kindergartners on the playground during the worship hour. Children meet in the sanctuary for worship and leave with volunteers after the first hymn. Parents, please complete sign-in form.