If you visit Watts Street on a Sunday morning, what might you expect to find?
- An 8-year-old or an 80-year-old processing in the Christ candle as we begin our worship together.
- A young girl seated between her two mothers learning to follow along in the hymnal.
- A couple, he from a Lutheran background, she formerly Southern Baptist, who have finally found a place to worship and serve together.
- An invitation to join in serving at Urban Ministries.
- A teenager giving a reflection on a recent mission trip.
- A majestic prelude played on our pipe organ.
- One of our children or youth choirs singing in morning worship.
- Communion taken together once a month.
- Someone in a coat and tie sitting next to someone in blue jeans.
- A circle of all adult ages together in a Sunday school class asking the questions that most burden and excite them about a life of faith.
- Parking is available behind the church, off Urban Avenue; beside the church off Watts Street; and on nearby side streets.
- Sunday school for all ages and trusted care and “second hour” ministry for birth to preschool during worship.
Watts Street Baptist Church is a progressive, inclusive, ecumenical, welcoming and affirming congregation uniting prayer, learning, and social justice in the context of a vibrant community.