We are a welcoming and affirming Christian community seeking to continue the ministry of Jesus. Here we seek to live out our faith through active mission involvement in this community and beyond. We seek to support that mission with vital ministries of worship, education, and caring community.
It is the practice and policy of Watts Street Baptist Church to welcome and affirm all persons, regardless of race, class, origin, sexual orientation, or any other distinction. Within our community, women serve equally with men in all areas of our church’s life.
We welcome as Members those who profess “Jesus is Lord.” We receive members through baptism or by transfer of letter from another congregation. We also welcome Friends who maintain membership elsewhere.
As a Baptist congregation, we are committed to historic Baptist principles:
- The authority of the Bible
- The priesthood of all believers
- Believer’s baptism
- Local church autonomy
- The separation of church and state
We hold an ecumenical vision, joining hands with the wider Christian community in witness and mission.
We encourage faith formation in adults through a variety of opportunities for education, ministry, and community, some of which are listed below:
- Sunday School
- Wednesday night ministries, including seminars, workshops, and groups
- Regular meeting groups such as a book club and other small groups
- Weekday gatherings for fun and presentations on topics of interest
- Day and overnight trips and retreats
- Groups and workshops on a variety of mission and ministry opportunities
Find out more about our staff.
Find out more about our Baptist affiliations and partnerships.