On Saturday, May 20, join us for a dynamic, inter-generational, congregation-wide, hands-on day of service working through our ongoing Mission Groups and Mission Partners. We have 10 different project sites this year and you can sign up beginning April 30 (at the Beach Retreat). We invite all Watts Streeters to participate as we “use our gifts to serve God and neighbor”!
Project sites include:
- Diaper Bank of NC – Pack diapers for distribution to families in need
- Ellerbe Creek Trail Cleanup – Pick up litter on the trail and in the creek bed
- Families Moving Forward – Organize the FMF donations “store”
- Fellowship Hall Projects – Assemble “Blast Off to Kindergarten” kits, make cards for homebound friends, send greetings to our sister church in El Salvador, tie baby blankets, stock “blessing bags” for homeless, etc.
- Habitat for Humanity – Help with a Habitat house build
- Meals on Wheels – Prepare sandwiches that will be frozen and delivered in coming months to senior adults with limited mobility
- Nursing Homes – Visit and sing with residents
- Prison Ministry – Create a liturgical banner and make cards for women imprisoned at The Raleigh Center
- Reality Ministries – Join friends from Reality Ministries for a Reality Works candle making inventory push
- Wheel Chair Ramp – Build a ramp for a family connected with Reality Ministries
- Watts Street on Mission Support – Prepare and serve food for Watts Street on Mission volunteers!
- Sunday, April 30 – Sign-ups for projects begin (sign-up posters will be in the hallway leading to the Fellowship Hall.)
- Sunday, May 10 – Project sign-up deadline
- Sunday, May 20 – “Watts Street on Mission!”
8:00 a.m. – Gather at WSBC for breakfast and prayers
8:30 a.m. – Depart for mission sites around Durham.
12:00 p.m. – Return to church to eat lunch and share experiences.