Join us for Worship this Sunday!
In-Person/Outside Service in the Watts Street parking lot at 9 am
Service Livestreamed on the WSBC facebook page at 9:15 am
This Sunday morning join us for in-person, outside worship. We’re ready to welcome you! Come a little early so we can begin worship at 9 am. We will livestream for those unable to attend or still uncomfortable gathering. Here are the details for you:
Where to Go, What to Do:
- When you arrive, find a spot to park, put on your mask, grab your chairs and head over to the Watts Street parking lot. There will be a few parking spots available near the entrance of the WS lot for those who might need assistance. Otherwise, you’re invited to park in the Urban Avenue lot or along the street.
- There will be a Welcome Table where you can pick up your nametag and a bulletin. Please socially distance if you have to wait in this area.
- Make your way into our gathering space and find a socially distanced spot for your family or pod.
- Feel free to offer air hugs or elbow bumps, but that’s it for now. We’re leaning into caution and care and not assuming people are ready for hugs, etc.
Other details to help you prepare:
- We will all be masked. Even though outside, we will still constitute a crowd and there will be children among us. Studies are showing the extreme effectiveness of masks against the spread of the Delta variant. We do know that masking is not something most people enjoy, but we are serious about needing everyone who joins us to stay masked for the morning. If you aren’t able to commit to that we welcome you to join us online.
- We will have chairs available, but also ask those who can to bring their own.
- Please dress comfortably! Casual is fine. Cool is the operative word.
- We will have bulletins. We will sing (thus the extra importance of masks). We will not pass the offering plate, but will have baskets available as you come or leave for you to place your offering in.
- In case of rain—we will decide by 8 am on the day of worship and any change will be posted on the church website homepage by that time. Our rain plan will then be for the worship leaders to livestream from the sanctuary.
- The livestream service begins around 9:15 a.m. The first part of worship, which will include children’s participation and the calling of names from our prayer list, will not be broadcast, out of respect for privacy. We will go “live” after the first hymn, when the children are dismissed to their outdoor Sunday School classes (concurrent to worship). The 9:15 start time is approximate – please be patient!
- The link to the livestream service will be posted on the Watts Street Baptist Church Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account to watch the video. (You can click “not now” when Facebook prompts you to create an account.)
- You can watch the service in “real time” around 9:15 a.m. or you can watch the video of the service at a later time.
- You will find the Bulletin and Weekly here.
- This is our first venture into livestreaming and there may be a few kinks to work out along the way! We look forward to having professional equipment installed in our sanctuary in the coming months. In the meantime, and while we’re worshipping outside, we’ll do our best with the sound and video equipment we have or are borrowing from members of our Livestream Worship team. Very special thanks to this team for their excellent work: Gene Downs, Kim Durack, Matt Hanchey, Rich Joiner, Mike Killam, Lisa Rhoades (chair), Kelly Sasser, Blanche Williams, Melody Zentner.
Finally, thank you for your grace and understanding as we move through these days. This is our plan for these three Sundays in September. As the weeks go by, we’ll assess how this goes and where the Covid protocols are and then make a decision for October. Please keep an eye on your email from church and we’ll keep sending out details.