Join us for Worship in November!
November 7, 14, and 21, we invite you to join us for in-person, outdoor worship services at 10 am in the Watts Street parking lot. We look forward to seeing you!
OR we welcome you to join us online for a livestream of the service on the WSBC facebook page. Consider leaving a message in the comments or emailing us after the service – we’d love to hear from you!
We plan to return to indoor worship in the Watts Street sanctuary on the first Sunday of Advent, November 28 at 11 am. The services will continue to be livestreamed. Check back here for more details coming soon!
Until then, please see below for details about outdoor and livestream worship services.
Where to Go, What to Do:
- Plan to arrive early to give yourself time to find a spot to park, put on your mask, grab your chairs and head over to the Watts Street parking lot. There will be a few parking spots available near the entrance of the WS lot for those who might need assistance. Otherwise, you’re invited to park in the Urban Avenue lot or along the street.
- There will be a Welcome Table where you can pick up your nametag and a bulletin. Please socially distance if you have to wait in this area.
- Make your way into our gathering space and find a socially distanced spot for your family or pod.
- Feel free to offer air hugs or elbow bumps, but that’s it for now. We’re leaning into caution and care and not assuming people are ready for hugs, etc.
Other details to help you prepare:
- We will all be masked. Even though outside, we will still constitute a crowd and there will be children among us. Studies are showing the extreme effectiveness of masks against the spread of the Delta variant. We do know that masking is not something most people enjoy, but we are serious about needing everyone who joins us to stay masked for the morning. If you aren’t able to commit to that we welcome you to join us online.
- We will have chairs available, but also ask those who can to bring their own.
- Please dress comfortably! Casual is fine. Layers and even a blanket may be in order on cool mornings.
- We will have bulletins. We will sing (thus the extra importance of masks). We will not pass the offering plate, but will have baskets available as you come or leave for you to place your offering in.
- In case of rain—we will decide by 8 am on the day of worship and any change will be posted on the church website homepage by that time. Our rain plan will then be for the worship leaders to livestream from the sanctuary.
- The livestream service begins a few minutes after 10 a.m.
- The link to the livestream service will be posted on the Watts Street Baptist Church Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account to watch the video. (You can click “not now” when Facebook prompts you to create an account.)
- You can watch the service in “real time” around 10 a.m. or you can watch the video of the service at a later time.
- You will find the Bulletin and Weekly here.
- This fall was our first venture into livestreaming and there may be a few kinks to work out along the way! We look forward to having professional equipment installed in our sanctuary in the coming months. In the meantime, and while we’re worshipping outside, we’ll do our best with the sound and video equipment we have or are borrowing from members of our Livestream Worship team.
Finally, thank you for your grace and understanding as we move through these days. Please keep an eye on your email from church and we’ll keep sending out details.